1. About Us and Our Privacy Statement Overview:
The Site is owned and operated by Radio Mid Entertainment Limited Operating as Radio Midlands. Registered office at Pinetree Business Centre, Durham Rd, Birtley, Chester-le-Street DH3 2TD.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect and use information about you when you interact with our website and other channels, Including but not limited to: Our Website, Our Mobile App (Android & Ios), On Smart Speakers (Google, Apple & Amazon), On Freeview, On DAB or any other possible way.
Any personal information that you provide to us may be shared across our network but will not be taken outside of our network without your specific consent.
When you click on adverts or links which take you away from our website or other forms discussed above, you should know that we have no control over the content or privacy practices of those other platforms. We advise you to check their privacy policies before providing your information to them.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how we use your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
2. What information do we collect directly from you:
The information we collect will vary depending on how you interact and engage with us but it is likely to include your name, address, phone number & email address. If you call or email Radio Midlands, we may also collect your location and a brief summary of your contribution or opinion.
If you use any of our Radio Midlands apps or listen through a connected device online or via a smart speaker, we will also collect the following information:
(1) Your location – on your first use of our app, you will be asked if we can use your location in order to offer you services and information that is relevant to your area. We will also have information regarding your general geographic location based on your IP address and the GPS of your mobile device.
(2) Your device – if you access our services or programmes via an app from a device such as a mobile phone, we will uniquely identify each instance of that use but we will not be able to personally identify you from this information.
(3) We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and will, in any event, ask for your express consent to hold this information if we need to do so.
3. What do we use your information for:
We use your personal information in the following way’s:
(1) To give you localised content so you benefit from the best user experience.
(2) To enable you to enter competitions via Whatsapp.
(3) We will use your information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit our website. This is known as online behavioural advertising (OBA). It works by giving you adverts based on the way you have interacted with the website.
We will use your data either because you have consented for us to do so or because we have a legitimate interest in processing your information, as follows:
(1) To analyse, measure and improve the services we offer: We only use information on an aggregated basis which does not identify individuals.
(2) To create profiles for targeted advertising and marketing opportunities: We collect information from cookies, other online activity and third parties to help us create profiles and segments to enable us to measure the effectiveness of that activity.
(3) To comply with our regulatory obligations: Radio Midlands has regulatory obligations to ensure our broadcasts are free from offensive or provocative remarks and that our staff and presenters are not subject to verbal abuse.
4. What information do we collect about you from other sources:We may obtain additional information about you from third parties and from social media in the following ways.
If you log in via Facebook or Instagram you will be giving Facebook permission to share some of your details with us depending on your privacy settings on their site.
5. Personal Information relating to children:
We do not knowingly use the personal information of children under 13 years of age either directly or indirectly.
6. Who do we share your information with:
We may share personal information with providers who perform services on our behalf. They will only receive the information that is necessary for them to carry out the agreed services and will only use your information in accordance with our written instructions and will have the appropriate measures in place to keep your information safe and secure.
If you enter a competition, we may, if you have agreed, disclose your information to the competition sponsors. If you are a prize winner, we will give your information to the sponsors and share your information with the parties who assist us in providing prizes to the winners.
We may disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested or obliged to do so by law enforcement agencies, or regulatory or other government bodies. We may also disclose personal information to external legal advisors in order to protect or defend our legal rights or obligations.
We will always ask for your agreement before publishing information provided by you or information about you.
7. How long do we keep your information for:
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to however this will not exceed 12 months.
8. Do we send your information outside the UK:
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the UK or the European Union. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the information. If we do need to transfer your personal information in this way we take steps to ensure that it is adequately protected for the purposes of UK and European data protection laws.
9. Your rights in relation to how we use your personal information:
Data Protection laws give you certain rights in respect of your personal information, as set out below:
(1) The right to be informed of how your data will be used – this Statement provides that information.
(2) The right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
(3) The right to access the personal data held about you – usually referred to as a data subject access request. If you wish to submit a request, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, we may ask for ID before we will provide a reply.
(4) The right to move, copy or transfer certain personal information.
(5) The right to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances.
(6) The right to make a complaint. if you have any concerns about how we are using your personal information you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who is empowered to investigate our data protection practices you can also contact ourselves directly which we would request in the first instance via email: email@example.com.
10. Updates / Contacts:
11. Radio Midlands other policies:
Should you wish to view any of our other policies you can view them by following the below links:
Terms & Conditions: Click Here
Public File: Click Here
Competition Terms: Click Here